What are the risks of wisdom teeth removal
- Gum swelling and pain where your tooth is located.
- Constant 24hours bleeding.
- Jaw movement difficulty because of the pain.
- Slow-healing gums.
- You could get damage to an existing dental work such as crowns and bridges and also your neighbour tooth and it roots may be damaged as well.
- You could be hurting from a rash that’s caused by a dry socket. This happens if you lose your protective blood cloth to soon.
- You could get numb mouth and lips after the local anesthetic wears off. That is because of injury that can happen to your nerves in the jaw.
Rare side effects, including:
Numbness in the mouth or lips that does not go away.
A fractured jaw if the tooth was firmly attached to the jaw bone.
An opening into the sinus cavity when a wisdom tooth is removed from the upper jaw.
You really need to be careful after surgery. Bacteria may cause infections to your bloodstream and spread in other parts of your body. Antibiotics may be needed before and also after a surgery if you have difficulties engaging infections. People with heart defects and other problems are one of those who would need antibiotics.
Anesthetic is almost always used eat surgery during the extraction procedure, you can get local or general anesthetic. All surgeries that use general anesthetic have a risk of complications and also death.